Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines (the "Guidelines") of the chat forum (the "Forum") provided by the New Jersey Principals and Supervisors Association ("NJPSA").
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important Guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department via the Contact Us link on njpsa.org. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these Guidelines.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- This forum is designed to promote and foster dialogue among educational practitioners regarding issues affecting the educational community.
- This forum should be used, among other things, to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Post content and information at own risk and with the knowledge and understanding that all information posted to this Forum appears on the internet and will not be accorded legal privacy protections. Once posted, information retains no legal privacy protections other than any pre-existing protections such information retained, and such information will be subject to use or re-use in accordance with State and Federal law.
- As a private forum, NJPSA reserves the right to terminate access in its sole discretion when it believes a user has violated these Guidelines. Comments and information posted to this Forum are not accorded traditional First Amendment protections.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. To the extent that information posted to this Forum violates State or Federal law, NJPSA will not be responsible or liable for the posting of such information, nor will it indemnify or hold harmless the individual(s) responsible for posting such information.
- Use professional discretion when posting information and make reasonable efforts to direct postings to the appropriate audience with a relevant subject line designation in accordance with the “Discussion Group Etiquette” set forth below
- Do not share any personally identifiable information regarding students. Do not share personally identifiable information regarding personal matters. Sharing of such information may violate State and Federal law and could subject the individual(s) posting such information to legal liability.
The Legal Stuff
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, rather than the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
This site is provided as a service for the members of New Jersey Principals and Supervisors Association. As set forth in the Rules set forth above, to the extent that information posted to this Forum violates state or federal law, NJPSA will not be responsible or liable for the posting of such information, nor will it indemnify or hold harmless the individual(s) responsible for posting such information. Moreover,
New Jersey Principals and Supervisors Association is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others.
In accordance with the above Rules, the posting of
any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials is strictly prohibited and the posting of such information will result in the termination of user access
The information posted on this Forum is not intended as, and in no way constitutes legal advice. If you are an NJPSA member in need of such advice, please contact NJPSA and ask to speak with a staff attorney. Information on this site is not protected by attorney-client privilege.
New Jersey Principals and Supervisors Association does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that the NJPSA discovers any inappropriate posting, it will take appropriate action and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate user access.
Any personal information you provide to this Forum will not be disseminated in any way by the NJPSA or its agents or authorized representatives to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below. NJPSA, its agents or its authorized representatives, shall not be responsible for information that is disseminated to third parties by users of this Forum.
Government and Legal Disclosures
NJPSA reserves the right to disclose the personal information collected through this Site in order to comply with valid legal requests to enforce the Rules governing use of this Forum; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we do not guarantee the security of any information transmitted on this Forum and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.